My Mom is HOME!!! For the last couple of weeks we weren't sure if it was really going to happen and then we found out on Tuesday that she was coming home the next day! I couldn't be happier! It felt so good to give her that first hug! She's a small cute little thing weighing a whomping 123 lbs!
The airport was a little bit of an ordeal. Her flight orignally was supposed to come in at 1:30 from Paris, France. And being the bright and excited people we are, we didn't check to see if it was still on time until we got to the aiport and my brother pulled out his iphone and saw that it was delayed 2 hours. So we came back 2 hours later and saw that her plane had landed. Yay! So we sat there and sat there waiting for her to come down the escalator. Finally, Carrie figured out that we were in the wrong place and that we needed to be at the International Center since she was coming straight from Paris. So we all ran over there hoping she hadn't come out yet. After reading our sign and balloons and seeing the frantic looks on our faces 2 families guided us to her. They pointed me right to her, but I didn't recognize her because she wasn't facing me and she was so small and had long hair! She was at the phones trying to call us but realized she didn't have any American money. SAD! But once she turned around she saw us and a huge smile crossed her face and I grabbed her and just cried. The picture above is when she first saw us.
We're so excited to have Grandma Syl back! Thanks for the play gun grandma! I love it!
And I have to give a special thanks to my brother Brett. This is what he did the whole time we were waiting. Chased Cole. Cole is such a wanderer! At the airport we would take our eyes off him for 2 secs and he'd be way down the hall. And he's not afraid of being lost at all!!! He's fine if I'm not in his sight and is quite the independent little guy. Funny how all this changes on Sunday when it comes time for nursery.WELCOME HOME MOM!!!
For all of you that weren't able to be there (Christy, Jorge, Matt, Matt, Alicia, and Neil) we have it on video and I'll upload the video shortly for you to see.
1 comment:
That is awesome, I am so glad that your mom is finally home. That has to be so nice! She is such a cute lady! Welcome home Mother cook!!!
Post a Comment