
Here's a view of the top of the hut.

Cole was probably in the tent a total of 1 min. Just enough time for me to get this picture of him smiling as he played with his blocks. I tried so hard for him to like this hut! I brought in his blocks, radio, cars, and made a bed for him (you can see the pillow in the background, he got mad at me for leaving his blanket there so he immediately came in and got that) He basically just came in and got what he wanted to play with and took it back downstairs. I think he was a little perturbed with me that I messed his room up so bad. Who wants to play in a mess? I would think a little kid, but I'm beginning to think I got an odd one.
So if anyone has any ideas of what to do with a 1.5 yr. old I would love to hear your ideas. We go to the park after I exercise every morning so he gets a walk and play in there, we read, play with play-doh, swim, color, do collages, and sing. I'm sure all you mom's out there have lots of fun ideas. So help!!!
5 comments:
Michelle,
When I was 1.5 years old I started playing with Nun-chucks. You know those ancient chinese warrior things.
Well after beatin' all the other 1.5 yr olds - it wasn't so fun any more. I would try LEGOS.
Be good!
I don't think that Cole will be interested in huts until he is old enough to build one himself. I don't think his imagination is really mature enough yet. He probably plays with his toys in a more concrete, face-value way.
You could try sensory things like letting him play with colored ice cubes (edible) or colored whipped cream (no sugar necassary, can stain hands and clothes - especially the red - so do it in the kitchen in his diaper)
I'm sorry; that last comment of mine sounded really obnoxious. I have been taking a psychology class these past few months.
You can try Kangaroo Zoo www.kangaroozoo.net 513 W. 700S. Pleasant Grove, UT 801-785-9999. Brinlee had a fieldtrip at the one in NSLC, and it was fun for her and got alot of energy out. They have jumpers for Coles age too. Probably not too busy during the week??
-Suzanne
Im sorry he didn't enjoy your hut. Next time I come up there you should make one and I promise to play in it and enjoy it :)
Post a Comment