Monday, August 18, 2008

Young Artist

The other day I got the water paints out for Cole and let him have at it. He LOVED it! He painted his paper, his face, his chair, his belly, the counter, anything he could get his hands on.

Here's the little guy so proud of himself. I was proud of him too.

And here is his cute final product. Not bad for a first timer. What am I talking about? I don't think I could have done any better myself.

And seeing Cole have so much fun I couldn't help but get into the painting myself, so I finally broke down and painted this bird house I bought years ago that I vowed to paint the day I bought it. It used to be really busy with plaid stripes and stars and checkers all over it. I wanted to calm it down a bit so I just painted it brown and cream and then antiqued the edges. It's not nearly as exciting as what it was before, but I like it better.

1 comment:

J Pica said...

SweeT Bird House!

That nice, where is my room though?