Sunday, September 15, 2013

SuMMer!!

Here's a quick recap of summer!!!!!
Tracy Aviary-
We have the pass of all passes so Carrie and I took the kids, and our cousin Joseph who was staying with my mom, to Tracy Aviary. It was hot..... but fun. I think the kids loved the splash pad next door even more though. =)


Boating-
Christy came to visit us from Boston!!! So we rented a boat and headed to Pineview for some skiing and tubing. Loved it!! Isn't Shailee the friendliest thing you've ever seen?


Does it look cold and stormy? Oh yes..... It was. Luckily, it cleared up.

Dog Lake-
One of the things that excited me the most in moving back close to family again was being able to mountain bike more with family and my mountain bike! Ok so technically it's not my mountain bike. My brother works for Specialized and is so incredibly awesome that he just keeps my bike for me until the day I decide to actually buy it from him, but still it's pretty much my bike =) And I just realized it's not in this picture. Did you notice my dog is though? Yeah, I missed her so I went and picked her up from Payson and she's back with us now. 

Can't seem to find the picture that is actually being taken here. But I like this one better.

We missed you Matt and Alicia. One day you'll be better and you'll be able to come with us! After all, you're the one that taught me to love it. But at least this picture explains why I'm such a dork. It runs in my family. =)

Carrie's Pool
Carrie got a pool so we spent the 24th of July up there swimming.


The pool was a little deep for the younger ones so they decided to have a tea party instead. 

Shailee LOVED the slide. She went  forwards, on her tummy, head first, on her side, didn't matter. She would go underwater almost every time and it didn't matter. She LOVED it!

Mom's Splash Pad-
My mom lives just a few miles from a splash pad that's never very busy, so we rode our bikes here a couple of times. Cole and Korver liked to see who could pour water on them the longest. =) I think Cole might have a slight advantage on this one.


This picture is just to prove Shailee was there so she doesn't feel left out. She would never hold still long enough for me to take her picture.

Swimming at Grandma's

Trampoline! -
We found a nice Regal trampoline on KSL that had a nice brand new enclosure and it also came with a in ground trampoline ring so we can put it in the ground at our new home. This was my plan all along but I didn't think I would find it all in the same place. AWESOME!!! We've had lots of fun with jumping, playing games, sprinklers, and playing basketball.

Fireman Squirt and More Splash pads!-
The Murray firefighters came out and squirted all the kids at Murray Park. My boys LOVED it! 
I couldn't find them at first but then through the crowd I found them like this.
Shailee HATED being squirted. She wasn't a big fan of this adventure.

I don't get to see my friends much so I made the effort to go visit my friend Katy who just had the cutest little boy!! And I didn't even take a picture of her or her cute kids! Grrr.... But she does live right by this awesome splash pad. Hehe.... This picture cracks me up.

Yes Shailee was there too. =) Although once again she's not big on being squirted. The end of the summer she did better and began to like things like this.

Hill Airforce Base
Brett and Tiffany took the boys to Hill Airforce Base to see all the cool planes!

Onion Days-
We are being audited on our 2010 taxes and of course the paperwork we needed was in our storage unit in Payson. But luckily it was Labor Day weekend so we were able to enjoy Onion Days and the boys were able to hang out with some friends that they miss soooooooooooooo much!!!

And we were able to find something that Shailee likes to do!
Oh how I miss Payson..... And especially this awesome family. 

Wheeler Farm-
So it's been so long since I've taken my kids to Wheeler Farm, mainly because they get bored of it, but they acted like they had never been there before. They loved seeing all the animals, especially Shailee. However, the bathrooms were closed so the boys found some bushes and apparently a beehive. Cole came running out of the bushes crying because he had been stung, and Neil swatted a bee off Korver and then Neil was stung! At least he was able to save Korver from being stung. Lesson - if you go to Wheeler Farm don't pee in the bushes.

Seven Peaks
It seems we lived in the water this summer with the pools, sprinklers, and splash pads, and if we weren't doing one of those things then we were probably at Seven Peaks. We loved our Pass of All Passes! And I didn't take any pictures at Seven Peaks because I didn't want to ruin my phone or camera or have it stolen. So here's one from the Internet. Hehe....
We had a fun crazy summer with lots of changes, and I think by the end I was ready for it to be over. I was definitely ready for school to start. And so were the boys.








No comments: