Cole started 1st grade end of August and despite not having any of his friends there and not knowing anyone he was really excited to start school. He has been such a good sport through all this transition. The first little bit was hard and he didn't always have a friend to play with, but he never complained and instead focused on the good whether it was what he had for lunch or how much he loved his teacher. Now he's quite adjusted and has lots of new friends and apparently a girl that is quite fond of him (he seems to find one of those wherever he goes). He loves school, still really misses his old friends, but he's happy and that's all I could ask for.
Korver was up and down about whether or not he wanted to go to preschool and I was having a hard time finding one. I finally found one, even though it wasn't very close to where we are living, and Korver was excited to go. That excitement quickly changed and he soon was not looking forward to preschool. He said it was boring. Which, to be honest, I totally agreed with him. The lady I originally met we both loved, but the lady that ended up being his teacher was less than energetic and welcoming. She wasn't mean or anything, but she wasn't what Korver needed to get him to want to be there. He needed to feel loved, and he didn't. Anyway, we decided he had been through so much change and if he felt like he needed to be at home then that's where he should be right now. There's no point forcing him when we're just going to be taking him out in a few months anyway.



No comments:
Post a Comment