Sunday, November 8, 2009

What the... Are those pumpkins???

Well we harvested our pumpkins early October this year after the frost pretty much killed the plants. Cole had a blast helping Neil pick them all.He was just a little frustrated with how heavy and poky they were. He wanted to carry them too!

And in case any of you were ever wondering. This is what happens when you cross pumpkins with crook necked squash. Apparently, they were planted a little too close to each other.

But as weird looking as they were, they were actually pretty cool. We got lots of compliments on them and people actually were willing to take them when we gave some away.

Hmmm... can you tell where Cole gets his fake cheesy smile from? Sorry Cole.
Cole and I got the fun job as being the trash compacters for the day.

Although, I think he enjoyed it more than I did.

So our garden is done for the year. So sad. And let the lesson be learned. Don't plant your squashes too close together! Or actually if you want to see some kind of cool new breed then do!

1 comment:

Jess said...

That is really funny. They did look really cool though! And I love both of your cute cheesy smiles!