Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Witchy Weekend

Well we found another getaway close to home. We had a YW activity at Salem Pond last week and I had no idea how pretty it was or even how close it was. So I had to show Neil and Cole.


I mainly wanted to go so Cole could feed the ducks. When I went before the ducks surrounded us. I had never seen so many ducks before. But apparently the ducks were full this night as only a few were interested in our bread.

But isn't it pretty? I hear the fishing is good too.

On Saturday we went with Neil's fam to see the witches at Gardner Village

And Grandpa bought Cole the biggest sucker he had ever seen! This picture was taken right after he had his first lick and said "Mmmm, Nummy!" Actually I think he's still in the middle of the "Mmmm" part.



Although, I'm not sure if this ended up being the best idea as you can see there was a constant stream of druel running off his chin the entire time getting his overalls soaked. He sure loved that sucker!

Cole waiving to Dad on the tractor seat.


Here is a picture of Cole and all this cousins except for the triplets. Sadly, this is the best picture I could get of all of them. Somehow cute little Joey (the baby) manages to smile.

And of course we had to stop at the petting zoo. Neil's friend owns Barnyard Buddies so it was fun to see her and let Cole pet all the animals. Except now Neil is really wanting to get a pet goat. He has always teased me that some day we are going to get a goat like his mission president had. And we found out this weekend that some of them don't get that big, like the little tan one behind Cole in this picture. He's full grown. So it appears that our animals will not consist of dogs and cats but a goat and did I mention that Neil also wants chickens? We really are turning into a bunch of hicks down here aren't we?

2 comments:

Emery's said...

Wow that pond is beautiful! Maybe next year when the boys can finally come out we will have to come down there and feed the ducks.

It looks like you guys had fun at Gardner Village. We wish we could have been there. Thanks for taking pictures! Cole is getting so big. He is so stinking cute!

Monica said...

Beautiful pond! Looks like a perfect fishing spot!

Love your pictures of The Witches! I didn't get one decent pic. I was laughing at the one with Joe smiling. He is always ready for a picture.