Friday, July 11, 2008

July 4th!

We got up early to make it to the Murray Parade with Grandma and Grandpa Emery and Uncle Austin.

Cole didn't care too much for the parade. He was in charge of picking up all the candy and he took his job pretty seriously. Usually he's all smiles but we struggled to get one out of him at the parade. I think he was pretty confused as to why people driving by kept throwing stuff at us. He had it all cleaned up in a hurry. And at least he did enjoy the candy.

This was the coolest part of the parade. What's even cooler is that Neil's family knows one of the guys doing this. He's in the yellow jeep.
Later that day we all went to Grandma and Grandpa Emery's house for a BBQ. Cole's aunt Monica brought her fun swimming pool so Cole was able to swim with his cousins and learn what you actually do in one of these things. He was scared at first, but in the end had a lot of fun.

And of course we ended off the day with fireworks at Murray Park. Cole slept through them last year so this was his first time seeing them.

Needless to say he was a bit scared at first. You can see his eyes are a little wide and he looks a little hesitant. He grew used to them after a few minutes. You can see Grandma and Grandpa Emery and Neil's sister Suzanne to the right and I have to point out Brinlee (Cole's cousin) at the bottom left of this picture. Look at that face!! I can't tell if she's scared or just loving it! Hehehe.... cute Brinlee!

3 comments:

Tommy + Monica said...

Hey Michelle long time no talk or see! Your little guy is so adorable and getting so big! Just wanted to let you know that I've started a blog as well...it's still pretty new...but check it out http://tomandmonicafletcher.blogspot.com/

Christy said...

I love that little face. I am glad somebody got to see fireworks. The Portuguese apparently spend holidays indoors cooking massive amounts of food, washing all the dishes, and then starting over again.

Katy said...

Ahh.. Cute Cole! I dont blame him for not being interested in the parade. Candy is the best part :) Can't wait to see you guys this weekend!