Sunday, December 6, 2009

Turkey Day!

Well this year we were lucky enough to have Thanksgiving at our house. It was so fun! I haven't had this much fun on Thanksgiving since I was a kid. The highlight of our day was deep frying the turkey. I ran outside to take pictures as Neil was putting the turkey in and must say I was disappointed that nothing very spontaneous happened. You hear of so many horror stories and things catching on fire that I expected SOMETHING to happen, but luckily nothing did.


The kids all had fun with Aunt Carrie making cute Indian hats and turkeys made out of oranges, marsh mellows, and gummy bears. Cole LOVES this hat and has worn it pretty much every day since.


And here is the turkey nice and done and fried! My neighbors even came over to check it out. And wow the turkey was DANG good! It was so moist and tender and tasty! We soaked it in a brine overnight beforehand. I definitely want to be doing this again.

We ended off the night playing the newspaper game where you hit people on the head, unwrapping presents layered in layers of newspaper and my brothers even came up with a few of their own games which the kids loved. We have so much to be thankful for.



1 comment:

Katy said...

what a cute little family you have! Korver is adorable. I am so happy for you Michelle~ I agree, lets get together when Em come into town