Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Zoo-pendous!

We went to the zoo last weekend with my sister and her 2 kids. I can't quite decide what Cole thought of the zoo. I think he liked the birds the most because they were one of the few animals that actually moved.


I'm not going to write much commentary about these pictures but this picture was just too funny. So this monkey was so cute and came up to the glass where Cole was and just looked at him for a minute. I tried to get my camera out to take a picture of it but right as I did the monkey looked at my camera and hurry and put his face down. It was like he was afraid of it or something. So I stayed right there waiting for the monkey to look up and the second he did I blinded the poor little guy with my flash. You can't see his surprise in this picture, but needless to say I figured out why he's afraid of cameras.





And is it me or is anyone else really mad that they took the bird exhibit out where you could go in with a stick of bird seed and the birds would fly to you to eat the food? It was the coolest thing. I guess it's been awhile since we've been. The above picture is the last time Neil and I went to the zoo. We were still dating and you can see the cool birds on our hands. People were probably grossed out about it but we thought it was way fun.

3 comments:

Brandon Bolander said...

I'm with ya on the bird exhibit, they had it there the last time I went and this gorgeous girl gave us a tour. It's a shame she's gone....along with the exhibit.

jerbonashfoy said...

Hey! It was so good to see you at the zoo! I wish we could have chatted more! Hope you had fun at the zoo!

Christy said...

That picture of the monkey is neat and makes me sad. Look at those sweet eyes. That is so interesting that he/she wanted to look at Cole. Even monkeys think he's cute. And I have to say that I love Savannah's pink sun dress.