Also I thought I'd share the other project that I was so excited about in one of my last posts.
It's our square foot garden. I've heard SO many good things about them that I wanted to try it myself. So far it's been a lot of work getting it all together, but a lot of fun at the same time. We already have lettuce, spinach, and tomatoes growing and we've planted carrots, onions, lettuce, spinach, potatoes, peas, and tomatoes which are in the wall-o-waters you see above. Tonight we're planting our strawberry plants and a cantalope (that will also go in a wall-o-water), and grass. Notice there's not grass around this thing and it looks UGLY right now, but we're hoping to change all that. And then once it gets warm we'll plant our beans, flowers, squash, cucumbers, pumpkins, and corn. It's amazing how so much can fit in such a small space. Hopefully it works! If any of you have tried or heard about the square foot garden I would love to hear about it!
2 comments:
Wow, your box looks awesome! We were getting ready for the same thing when we met up at Home Depot. So far we just have peas, but Im too scared it wont stop snowing here so i wont put anything else in the ground. We didnt do the "perfect soil mixture" so we'll see how it goes. Good luck!
A friend of ours has been trying to recruit us to the cult of square foot gardening. I have taken a few "discussions" and think we might be ready to jump into it with both feet. Let us know how you like it as things keep growing. We are about ready to start planting some stuff soon ourselves. All of our cucumber starts are ready to go. They have been growing way faster than the Peppers we started at the same time.
Post a Comment