Friday, February 13, 2009

One Little Boys Dream, One Big Mess

It can't get any better than this for a little boy. It's not often that you get to see a huge digger dig up your front yard. To Cole this was the coolest thing ever! A dream come true! He watched it for 2 days straight.

OK so let me back up a bit. This is what my house looks like on a normal day. Well a normal day in summer anyway.


This is what my house looks like today. Watch the movie for a better look. The yard has been totally destroyed! There goes my tulips I spent HOURS planting and all the top soil that took me days to move last year. Not to mention the grass, sprinkling system, porch railing, and plants.



And this is the reason. Apprently the genius who put in our sewer line headed the line back towards our house instead of towards the sewer. So we had to have our whole yard dug up so they could fix it. This is a video of me walking out my front door to a 12 ft. cliff. This video shows the destruction a little better than the first video. Although, despite all this I am feeling SO BLESSED because it is a miracle that we even found out about this. Luckily we found out before the warranty on our house was expired and now we don't have to pay for a thing!!! So the last few days have actually been quite entertaining and I'm just praying that everything gets put back together nicely and that by spring I'll have a decent looking yard again.


Here's one more picture of the destruction. It's been the talk of the neighborhood.

6 comments:

Katy said...

Thats so sad though! Your yard looked amazing! I hope they fix it all better soon!
Ok wait, did I just said fix it all better soon? haha totally sounded like I was talking to a child..but im leaving it cause its funny. I love your guts! lets get together soon!

Jenny said...

Michelle, I am so happy they found the problem. Carson would love to have been there to watch the "diggers". I hope they get things back together soon. Hope to see ya at Jessica's shower.

Sherrie said...

Wow! I can't believe it. What a mess it could have been had it been found out about later after your warranty expired. I really hope it will all get back together for spring and you can get your yard looking good again.

J Pica said...

Dude,

That is what happens when a portuguese inlaw puts your name on the prayer role in 4 states!

Be Good!

Jess said...

Holy cow!!!! That is crazy!!!! That is sad yet good that you found out!! Wow!! I hope it doesn't take them too long to fix it!

jess said...

Tyler LOVES to walk past your house. I'm sure if it were our yard getting dug up, he'd be glued to the window just like Cole!