Tuesday, January 20, 2009

These Guys Crack Me Up!

Sorry this is a post of ramblings mainly about Cole. I keep telling myself that I'll write these things down and I never do and I always forget the cute little things Cole does.

Cole is becoming quite the character and lately has been trying to switch the roles and boss me around. Occasionally Cole will act out and have a hard time listening so I'll gently take his head between my hands, look him straight in the eye, and explain he needs to stop what he's doing or he'll have to take a time out. So the other night I was sitting at the computer and he comes and climbs into my lap, takes my head in between his hands, looks me straight in the eyes, and trying to act like me says "Mommy Listen!" ...... "Time Out!"

Yesterday I was charging our camera battery and Cole kept taking it in and out of the charger so I asked him nicely to stop and explained to him that the battery needed to stay in the charger. He wasn't minding me so as I began to get up he looked up at me and said "No Mommy.... You stay in chair."

Lately for some reason Cole has been putting up a fuss every time we say a prayer. I think he's always too anxious to eat. So the other day I tried explaining to him why we pray. I told him that Heavenly Father and Jesus gave us this food so we need to thank them for it. When I said that he immediately looked over at our calendar with a picture of Jesus on it and said "Thank You Jesus!" So now every time I ask Cole to fold his arms for the prayer he shouts out "Thank You Jesus!"

Many of you know that my husband frequently entertains me as he sleeps and I'm wide awake. Well here's another one. During Christmas break Neil turned over to me and says "To Grandmother's house we go!" He was definitely way too excited for Christmas. And he sure knows how to keep me laughing when I'm having a bad night.

5 comments:

Sherrie said...

Out of the mouths of babes! Way to cute! Thanks for sharing.

Travis said...

Those are way funny. Good memories.

Alexander Family said...

Sounds like Cole has entered the terrible 2's......he is too cute though. :)

-Suzanne

Anonymous said...

That is absolutely hilarious! I am so glad I have these fun stories to keep me entertained at work. :) Cole is too darn cute!!!

~Tiff

Tommy + Monica said...

OK so I am laughing SO hard right now at Cole's "Thank You Jesus!". HILARIOUS!