This December was filled with so many good memories !
We took my mom to Forgotten Carols as a girls night out cuz she had never seen it before. And she added an insight to me that I had never thought of. And I had it on here but after my brother-in-law Travis gave me grief I decided I better not ruin it for anyone that hasn't seen the play. But if you have and don't know who Uncle John is supposed to be ASK ME! Cuz it's way cool. (My sister Carrie and sister-in-law Tiffany pictured above)
I was out shoveling a few weeks ago and Cole apparently got tired of waiting for me to get done so he went in the garage, pulled out a stroller and made a comfy seat for himself. I wondered where he had gone because he was being so quiet and I turned around and found him like this. He cracks me up!
The Christmas parties with family were so fun this year. We missed you Clint, Rachel, and boys!At the Emery party we even had a totally unexpected guest! No one had any idea that Santa would show up (really-no one). Cole liked to look and point at Santa but wasn't too kean on sitting on his lap. Everyone was WAY excited that he showed up.
It was almost too much excitement for some of us to handle.
Way too much excitement. Definitely over stimulated.
My sister Christy and her husband Jorge flew in from NJ which made the holidays special and entertaining to say the least. We went sledding at Mount Dale on Christmas Eve with most of the family. Cole even loved the sledding this year!
Christmas Eve was special. My sister dressed up her kids Savannah andRex as Mary and Joseph while their dad read the Christmas story. They were SOO Cute!
I found this cute little note when I went to change Cole's diaper. This is what happens when Cole is left unsupervised with my brother Matt too long.
Here's a picture just for you Jorge! Told ya Neil got a good one of ya.
Christmas morning! Cole was definitely excited but still wasn't too sure what was going on.
It probably took us over an hour to open presents as Cole made us open each toy and play with it before he would open another. Which was actually nice. This was his favorite present. He loves his Geo Trax train.
We spent Christmas night and most of the next day at Neil's parents house. I can't remember the last time I played video games for that long. Neil's brother Austin got RockBand for Christmas so we played all Christmas night and then Austin and I played most of the next day. I love that game! It is so addicting! Sadly I felt like I was accomplishing something. I played way too long. Whenever I would hear a song after that I would try to start playing it on the guitar.
New Years Eve was a BLAST! We had my Mom, Brett, Tiffany, Neil's long time friend Jeremy and his wife Sarah, and their daughter Clara all come over. We ate lots of yummy food and played Wii most of the night. I have to admit the boxing pictures are the best. Here's Neil and Jeremy.
Cole even tried to get in on the boxing fun.
Tiffany and Sarah
Brett and I finally found an excuse to beat each other up again after all these years. And apparently I haven't beaten anyone up in a while as I am still so sore! Sad I know!
My Mom even got in on all the action. Go Mom! She won this one too. :)HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
7 comments:
Don't give it away. That is the twist to the forgotten carols that everyone is supposed to figure out toward the end. And he's actually John the Beloved. Different John from John the Revelator. What a cool thing to take your mom to. That should be a family tradition for everyone. Fun pictures from your parties. This is a fun time of year.
Ok, Forgotten Carols came out in 1991. I think you are free to talk about it all you want and not ruin it for most people. Hey Travis, Darth Vader dies at the end of Return of the Jedi! Did I ruin that one too?
Oh and looks like you had a great Christmas break!
DUDE!!! that is still on my TiVo. Give me a spoiler alert next time. Guess I don't need to see Return of the Jedi now. THANKS RICK!!!
THANK YOU RICK!!!!!
Looks like you guys had a great Christmas! Thanks for all of the pictures! I guess that the Emery Christmas party needed us there to keep things lively! Those pictures of Rick and Suzanne made me laugh!
I have yet to see forgotten carols. I need to see that this year! Im so glad you had a good holiday! Looks like you guys all look just as funy as me and Steve do playing the wii lol
My favorite part of this is the picture of you and Brett. Some of my fondest memories of the Cook household are tuna fish sandwiches on wheat bread (I had no idea anything but white bread existed before that) and Brett chasing you around the house with knives. Oh and Calvin and his broken tail. Anyway, glad to see that you are finally getting your revenge on Brett. :)
You look fabulous!
Post a Comment