Thursday, June 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!

Today would have been my dad's 61st birthday. Many of you never got the chance to meet my dad as he died shortly after I graduated from high school, so I wanted to share a little bit about him. My dad wasn't the serious type. He had a great sense of humor, loved to joke, and wasn't really one for rules. He put his family before anything else, and made growing up a blast. He taught me how to play softball, ski, run, hike, and just live life!! I love you Dad and Happy Birthday. You're getting old!!

My dad loved to spice up the work day and play pranks on his co-workers. He had a side kick named Richie and they were always thinking of funny stuff to do. One time they broke into one of their co-workers cars and switched the break signal with the horn signal. So everytime the guy put his brakes on it honked the horn! Hahaha.... love it! Luckily nothing too bad happend, and I'm sure it didn't take the guy long to figure out who did it.

My dad just loved to get a laugh out of people. He would crawl on the floor at work and sneak up on people in their chairs and scare them half to death. Just to get a reaction and to make each day a little more fun. It wasn't until his funeral that I realized how many people he really touched. He had a heart of gold. I love you and miss you daddy.

5 comments:

Alexander Family said...

Now I see where you get your liking for pranks. I have to say, the horn switch prank is one of the best I have heard of! What a genius to come up with that. I love it. I'm still laughing out loud over the images that put in my head. Hilarious!

Katy said...

I remember your Dad being so funny! He was always so nice when I would come over! Its so great that you have such good memories of him! I love you Michelle!! Never forget that!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know your dad passed away. Mine did too. It's been 6 years now since he's been gone, but sometimes it still feels like yesterday. I'm sure you know exactly what I mean. Thanks for sharing things about him.

Gina Hurst said...

Michelle, your dad was awesome! He always made me feel like I was someone special. I remember when he taught me how to rollerblade. He always gave his time so freely, to play with us. We love you aand miss you Mr. Ron!

Christy said...

Thanks for doing that, Shell. It was perfect.
Christy